GERSTENDÖRFER, established in 1843, belongs to the leading and most important manufacturers of Genuine Gold Leaf. We produce more than 25 varieties of GoLd Leaf for every application, exclusively and guaranteed in Germany. We are the most tradition-rich Gold Leaf Manufacturer in the Gold Beater Town Schwabach, Germany.
Gerstendörfer offers a wide and selected range of products for gilders, conservators, painters and artists. We provide a high-quality spectrum for the most demanding requirements since more than 170 years.
At the heart of our business philosophy is the quality of our products and the absolute reliability in our dealings with customers.
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.“ This is an fundamental cornerstone in our corporate policy, which we can only keep in shared responsibility and solidarity with our employees. Therefore we rely on Germany as a production location and guarantees 100% German quality.
We place major emphasis on direct personal contact in all dealings with our customers and will be pleased to assist you if you have any further specific questions.
The company J.J. Gerstendörfer was established in 1843 by Johann Jakob Gerstendörfer, a skilled “Metallschlägermeister”, as Bronze Factory and Metal Leaf Factory in Fürth (Germany). The business area included bronze and tinctures, genuine Gold Leaf and Metal Leaf in own production.
Production locations in Neuensorg and Velden closley followed.
In 1854, the city of Fürth founded the committe of the “Grossmetallschläger” and appointed the company Gerstendörfer to join the Board. The board included the companies S. Linz and J. M. Espermüller.
Gerstendörfer took over the company Leopold Erlenbach (Leopold Erlenbach, skilled Gold Beater Master / Feingoldschlägermeister), which was founded in 1854 in Fürth / Bavaria.
Gerstendörfer Bros. is founded in New York and Chicago, USA.
Company starts as a sales office for the goods, which were produced in Germany. Own production facilities in New York and Chicago followed shortly later.
In 1887 Johannes Gerstendörfer, son of company’s founder, took over the company. The company included factories in Fürth, Velden, Simmelsdorf and Rauhenstein.
In 1942, the three-generation-owned company was sold by Leo Gerstendörfer to Georg Bruder, who managed the firm until 1993.
On grounds of age, Georg Bruder handover the company to his employee Konrad Kandel, a skilled Gold Beater Master (Goldschlägermeister im Gold-, Silber- und Aluminiumschläger-Handwerk).
From 1995 until 2015, Gerhard Decker managed the Gold Leaf Manufacturer Gerstendörfer.
Acquisition of Gold Leaf Manufacturer Georg Lichtenstern. Founded in 1911, Georg Lichtenstern is one of the oldest located and established Gold Beaters in Schwabach.
In 2018, Gerstendörfer was celebrating its 175th anniversary.
The Gold Leaf Factory Gerstendörfer is located in the so called “Gold Beater Town” Schwabach today.